Sesame Carrier OIl-250mls-Carrier Oil(sesamum Indicum)
Uses and Health Benefits
We have seen the properties of this oil, now let’s put it to use. These are the ways in which one can use sesame seed oil at home, cold pressed of course.
1. Sesame Oil For Face Care
Sesame oil should be applied directly to the facial skin. It improves the skin texture, making it softer and smoother. Because of its emollient properties, it moisturizes the skin. Applying a small amount of sesame seed oil can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. This effect is because of a special micronutrient called sesamol. It can also lighten sun spots and irregular pigmentation. Because of its antioxidant and sunscreen properties, it provides double protection from UV – B induced skin damage.
2. As Massage Oil
Sesame oil, despite being slightly heavier than other massage oils, can still be used for a massage. It is preferable used for detoxifying the body through the skin. Here is how to correctly massage using sesame oil.
Warm sesame oil till it is just as warm as tepid water. Now apply it in copious amounts on the skin. The idea is to bathe the skin in this oil. Massage it firmly into the skin. Keep the oil on the skin for about 15 – 30 minutes. Wash the oil down with water. This is ideal for an early morning massage before the shower, although one can use it any time.
This massage takes away many environmental toxins and internal toxins ( released by the liver to the skin ), leaving the body detoxified. In fact, skin is the largest organ on the body and a prominent means of releasing toxins for the body. On the contrary, we absorb toxins from the skin, many of which are trapped inside the skin. This massage also improves the blood circulation of the skin, making the skin perform better.
According to Ayurveda, sesame oil is to used daily in the morning for a self massage , called Abhyanga . This massage is aimed to strengthen the tissues of the body, reduce physical stress, improve the appearance of skin and protect from advancing old age. Sesame is renowned for its ability to neutralize “Vata” disorders.
Infant Massage – Although the dominant oils for infant massage are olive oil and mustard oil. But, sesame oil too can be used for this purpose.This study  found out that applying sesame oil on baby’s skin promotes growth in them. Babies massaged with sesame oil registered an added increase in height, weight and circumference of their arms, although serum levels of nutrients remained the same. It also boosted sleep after massage.
3. Sesame Oil For Hair Growth
Just as for skin, sesame oil makes a great massage for scalp. It deep conditions the scalp and improves the health of hair follicles. These are the health benefits of sesame oil for hair health.
- Sesame oil treats damaged hair. Our hair gets damaged due to use of chemicals, like from soaps, shampoo, conditioners, hair colors and even from high heat of the rollers and straighteners. Sesame oil returns hair back to its original health ( to some extent ). It dissolves away many toxins that accumulate on the scalp. It can also dissolve many oil soluble vitamins and minerals which may have deposited on the scalp. This usually happens because of bathing in sea water or water that has TDS ( total dissolved solids ).
- Sesame oil hot oil treatment – Apply warm sesame oil on the scalp as part of hot oil treatment. This makes hair softer and detangles them. Hot oil treatment is done for deep conditioning.
- Provides nutrition to hair follicles – Sesame oil has a good essential fatty acid profile which boosts health of hair follicles.
- Scalp psoriasis – Sesame oil help in scalp psoriasis as it eliminates flakiness and dryness. That is why it also combats dandruff.
- May prevent hair loss – Sesame oil may be useful in preventing hair loss that occurs because of a fungal scalp infection. Sesame oil is a potent anti-fungal and it kills the fungi to keep scalp fungi free.
- Quick shine – Going out and need some shine to dull hair ? No problem. Just take 4 – 5 drops of sesame in your palm and run them through hair. Enjoy the shine. Massaging at the ends gets rid of split ends.
- Get rid of lice – Add few drops of lavender oil and rosemary oil to sesame oil and apply as hot oil treatment on scalp. Lice is gone. Use a nit comb to extract their eggs.
4. Calm depression
Sesame oil , when taken internally or as massage helps to manage depression better. Research has identified that sesamol from sesame oil helps inhibits the production of cytokines ( like TNF – α ) . This reduces the risk of developing clinical depression because of stress.
5. Oil Pulling with Sesame Oil
One may be familiar with the ancient practice of oil pulling. For those f you who don’t know, oil pulling is the act of swishing oil inside the mouth. Commonly, coconut oil is popular for this practice. Sesame oil can also be used for oil pulling.
Take a mouthwash amount of sesame oil. Swish it inside the mouth for about 5 minutes. It kills bad bacteria in the mouth, fungi species like candida that cause oral thrush, protects teeth and gums. This practice is also helpful in gingivitis. 
6. Better Intestinal Health
Sesame oil helps to improve intestinal health. Regular consumption of sesame oil in diet may improve certain inflammatory conditions of the alimentary canal, like IBS, IBD, Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease. It is also helpful in treating intestinal obstruction which leads to fecal smelling vomiting. 
7. Maintain a health cholesterol level
Because of the presence of healthy fatty acids, sesame oil can reduce LDL cholesterol all the while keeping HDL cholesterol up. Since concentration of HDL cholesterol ( good cholesterol ) increases, the body becomes healthier. Sesame oil can thus reduce the risk of heart disease.
Sesame oil has been identified as anti-cancer to specific cancers.
- Colon Cancer
- Brain cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Renal cancer
- Melanoma ( skin cancer )
The anti-cancer effect of sesame oil is due to a lignin called sesamin. It possesses cytotoxic effect against cancer cells, effectively blocking their proliferation.
9. Anti- Diabetes
Sesame oil shows blood glucose lowering effects in people when sesame is the oil they take in diet. This is of great significance. 
10. Going swimming in the pool, use sesame oil
Many people note that their hair starts turning greenish when they have been swimming regularly in the pool. This effect can be negated by applying sesame oil before or after the swim. It leaches out the chlorine. Applying it on the outer rim of the ear canal also prevents outer ear infection ( swimmer’s ear ).
11. Sesame oil in diet
One can cook with sesame oil. It has got a nice, sweet taste and mild aroma. Sesame oil can added to salads and foods like chicken. One can also use toasted sesame oil, which has a richer flavor and great for additive in recipes.
Generally, cooking with sesame oil is generally avoided. If you have a recipe which calls for toasted sesame oil, and you want a substitute for sesame oil, then use walnut oil or perilla oil.
Side Effects, Safe Dosage and Toxicity Issues
Sesame oil is generally safe, even in moderate dosages. It is not a skin irritant. It is therefore generally safe for massage. It does not make the skin photosensitive, so you can wear it in the sun as well. There is no specifc information about its safe dosage limit or any toxicity problems.
However, people with allergy to sesame seeds should definitely avoid this oil. It should also not be used by people who are prone to chronic diarrhea.