Isopropyl Alcohol, Isopropanol 99.9% PURE, Rubbing, IPA, 250
Exceptional quality – Used by Medical Professionals
Propan-2-ol 99.9% | Lab Quality | MADE IN UK
HIGH PURITY – NOT DILUTED – FULL STRENGTH
99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol/Isopropanol/Propan-2-ol
Isopropanol 99.9% is used widely as a solvent and as a cleaning fluid. It cleans electronic devices such as contact pins, magnetic tape and disk heads such as lenses of lasers in optical disc drives.
Isopropyl alcohol removes smudges, dirt, and fingerprints from phones and tablets. It is effective at removing residual glue from some sticky labels, glass cleaning and much more.
Isopropyl alcohol, commonly referred to as IPA , is a flammable, clear, colourless liquid with a slight alcoholic odour. It possesses physical, chemical and solvency properties similar to those of ethyl alcohol, making it completely miscible with water and soluble in most organic solvents.
Isopropyl Alcohol is a highly versatile solvent which has 1001 uses. Second only to water it is the most commonly used liquid for cleaning and is found in millions of products worldwide. It is used in manufacturing acetone, glycerol and isopropyl acetate. A solvent for many oils, alkaloids, gums and resins, it also serves as a de-icing agent for liquid fuels. The chemical compound is used in extraction processes, as a dehydrating agent and as a laboratory reagent.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION!
Most Popular uses for Isopropyl Alcohol Isopropanol:
• A general cleaner – excellent for cleaning glass & lenses. Can be used to clean virtually any surface. Removes light grease, oils, dirt, food stains etc. Evaporates quickly and leaves surface squeaky clean.
• A specialist automotive cleaner, for wiping down waxed and painted panels, plus many more applications!
• A specialist cleaner for computer equipment, electronic devices, contact pins, lenses of lasers in optical disc drives (DVD,CD, Blu-Ray), removes thermal paste of CPUs. Cleans printer heads including Thermal Transfer.
• An Anti-Foamer and Foam Inhibitor.
• Can be used as a Deodoriser for spraying into shoes to eliminate odours.
• Used to make Rinse agents for Dishwashers.
• A solvent for diluting lacquers, PVC adhesives, dyes and printing inks.
• A graffiti remover for removing inks, markers, lipstick etc.
• A De-Icer for locks and windscreens.
• Add to Windscreen washer reservoir for a spotless windscreen every time.
• A fuel additive for dissolving water or ice in fuel lines.
1. Can Isopropyl alcohol kill fleas?
ANSWER: If diluted to know less than 70% IPA / 30% water (rubbing alcohol), it will kill adult fleas, but eggs will not be effected.Adding a small amount of dish soap to the mixture will kill the eggs on contact. You should add a small amount of dish soap to your mixture if you find eggs or flea larvae.
2. Can Isopropyl alcohol kill bed bugs?
ANSWER: If diluted to know less than 70% IPA / 30% water (rubbing alcohol), because it is a solvent it can kill insects by dissolving their cells. Rubbing alcohol is also a desiccant, or drying agent, so it can destroy bed bugs eggs by drying them out. In addition, rubbing alcohol repels the bugs, discouraging them from crawling or laying eggs on a surface treated with the substance. In short, it makes the environment for insects unsuitable as they require moisture to maintain their existence.
3. Can Isopropyl alcohol damage car paint?
ANSWER: Isopropyl Alcohol is NOT recommended for freshly painted finishes. You should never use isopropyl alcohol at full strength or it could permanently cause damage to your vehicle’s paint. However, when Isopropyl alcohol is diluted accordingly, it can be used to prep surface for paint, glass or wheel coatings.
4. Can Isopropyl alcohol disinfect?
It is most commonly and used disinfectant within pharmaceutics, hospitals, clean rooms, and electronics or medical device manufacturing. Different solution, purity grades, concentration, and alcohol types yield beneficial cleaning and disinfection properties when applied correctly. IPA, particularly solutions between 60% and 90% alcohol and 10-40% purfied water, is rapidly antimicrobial against bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Once alcohol concentrations drop below 50%, usefulness for disinfection drops sharply. Notably, higher concentration of alcohol don’t generate more desirable bactericidal, viruciaial or fungicidal properties. So use a minimum of 50% to disinfect.
5. Can Isopropyl alcohol damage plastic?
Alcohol will damage some plastics, but not all. Please refer to the guide below, but research further if you need something more specific:
1. Poly(ethylene terephthalate), PET or PETE – PET is not very soluble in isopropanol, but prolonged exposure may cause crazing or stiffening due to the dissolution of plasticizers.
2. High-Density polyethylene, HDPE – HDPE is a resistant to most things.
3. Poly(vinyl choride), PVC – PVC is not very soluble in isopropanol, but prolonged exposure may cause crazing or stiffening.
4. Low-Density polyethylene, LDPE – LDPE is resistant to most things.
5. Polypropylene, PP – PP is resistance to most things.
6. Polystyrene PS – PS is not very soluble in isopropanol, but prolonged exposure may cause crazing or stiffening.
7. This stands for “other”, but the most common is poly-carbonate, which is not very soluble in Isopropanol, but prolonged exposure may cause crazing or stiffening.
6. Can isopropyl alcohol kill mold?
To remove mold stains from furniture, leather, books or other porous surfaces, mix alcohol and water in a one to one ratio. Work the mixture into fabric or leather using a cloth or soft bristle brush. To clean books or other delicate objects, soak a cloth or paper towel, wring it out thoroughly and blot the mold spot gently. Alloy the object to dry thoroughly, preferable outdoors in bright sunlight. Reapply as needed until any sign of mold or mildew is gone.
7. Can isopropyl alcohol be used as fuel?
8. Can isopropyl alcohol remove super glue?
Use acetone instead, see our link below in “OTHER CHEMICAL PRODUCTS WE SUPPLY”
9. Can isopropyl alcohol remove rust?
Yes, generally IPA is a good cleaner for metal and when rinsed with water will turn oils soluble.
10. Will Isopropanol kill plants?
IPA rubbing alcohol 70% SOLUTION can be safety sprayed onto plants to kill aphids. If the plant is watered with rubbing alcohol, the effects are similar to those of ethanol.
Common Product Uses:
Air Brush Cleaner
Gas Dryer Fuel Additive
Contact pin cleaner
Magnetic tap cleaner
Disk head cleaner
Thermal past remover
IPA SAFETY INFORMATION
Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
Causes serious eye irritation.
May cause drowsiness or dizziness
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surface. – No smoking.
IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell.
H225: HIGHLY FLAMMABLE H319: CAUSES SERIOUS EYE IRRITATION
H336: MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS OR DIZZINESS
Product Code: IPA ISO PROPYL ALCOHOL
Please note the we use many different couriers depending on your location.
All items will be dispatched within 1 full working day from receiving your order
All items are sent on a fully tracked service – so please do not wait too long to contact us if you do not receive your parcel within 1 week from order.
If needed – we can track the parcel for you
Isopropyl alcohol weighs 0.78509 gram per cubic centimeter or 785.09 kilogram per cubic meter,
i.e. density of isopropyl alcohol is equal to 785.09 kg/m³; at 25°C (77°F or 298.15K)
at standard atmospheric pressure.
1L of Pure IPA including the bottle – should weigh 0.85kg
This product has a three year unopened shelf life expiry date from the day of purchase.