Lemon essential oil is one of the most easily recognized oils because of its refreshing, energizing and uplifting scent. The health benefits of lemon oil can be attributed to its stimulating, calming, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant and anti-fungal properties.
*Important to note: Lemon essential oil can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. When using lemon essential oil directly on your skin, it’s important to stay out of direct sunlight for at least 8 hours and use a sunscreen while outside.
10 Ways to use Lemon Essential Oil
1. Skin Care – Lemon essential oil is astringent and detoxifying. Its antiseptic properties help in treating and
clearing skin. Lemon oil also reduces excessive oil on the skin. Add a few drops of the oil to facial cleanser to help remove dead skin cells.
2. Laundry – Add a few drops to your laundry cycle or to the final rinse cycle to freshen up your laundry. Your washing machine will also smell clean.
3. Disinfectant – Lemon oil is terrific to disinfect wooden cutting boards and kitchen counters. Soak kitchen cleaning cloths in a bowl of water with several drops of lemon oil to disinfect.
4. Degreaser (goo be gone) – Very effective in removing glues and labels that are difficult to remove. Lemon oil will also remove grease and grime from hands as well as tools and dishes.
5. Mood Booster/Concentration – Diffuse in the room or place a few drops in your hands, rub and inhale.
6. Insect Repellant – Bugs are not in favor of lemon oil. Combine lemon with peppermint and eucalyptus essential oil along with coconut oil for an effective repellant.
7. Hair/Nail Care – Lemon oil is an effective hair tonic and helps to eliminate dandruff while strengthening the hair.
8. Immune Support – Mix a few drops of lemon oil and coconut oil and rub on the back of the neck.
9. Feet Care – Add a few drops of lemon oil to help treat callouses, corns, and bunions.
10. Wood Polish – Mix olive oil and several drops of lemon essential oil in a glass spray bottle.
Spray on wood to be cleaned and rub in circular motions with a soft cloth.
Disclaimers: The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy.
All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.